Tel: (732) 491-2109
Fax: (732) 491-2120
- Labor and Employment Law
Seth Ptasiewicz is a Partner with the law firm of KHPP. Mr. Ptasiewicz brings over 30 years of experience representing the interests of employees, management, and unions in all facets of labor and employment, including litigating numerous claims involving employment discrimination, workplace harassment, retaliation, wage and hour disputes, family medical leave, accommodation of employee disability, violation of prevailing wage laws, and unfair labor practice before the federal and state courts in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the New York City Commission on Human Rights, the National Labor Relations Board and federal and state Departments of Labor.
In addition, Mr. Ptasiewicz has provided counsel to employees, management, and unions on their rights and responsibilities under federal, state and local employment and labor laws. He has also represented the interests of employee benefit funds in disputes involving contributions to those funds. Moreover, Mr. Ptasiewicz has provided counsel to employee benefit funds regarding their obligations under governing federal laws and regulations. Mr. Ptasiewicz has also represented the interests of insurance companies that serve as Plan Administrators for group life and disability plans.
Mr. Ptasiewicz has a strong commitment to giving back to the community. In that capacity, he has provided countless hours of pro bono legal services.
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Courts: District of New Jersey, Eastern District of New York,
- Northern District of New York, Southern District of New York, Western District of New York, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Bankruptcy Courts: District of New Jersey, Eastern District of New York, Southern District of New York, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court of Maryland
Labor and Employment Law
- Successfully represents Labor Unions before NLBR, PERC, and arbitration proceedings
- Successfully represented international company in EEOC action alleging race and gender employment discrimination.
- Successfully represented not-for-profit company in a contract and employment discrimination matter.
- Lead outside counsel for Employment Practice Liability Insurance Company insureds on employment related matters.
- Successfully represented clients before federal, state, and local employment law enforcement agencies.
Labor and Employment Law
- Lead outside counsel for major insurance companies who serve as plan administrators for group life, health and disability plans.
- Serve as counsel to Taft Hartley Multiemployer Plans
Awards and Achievements
- Walter A. Lucas Special Merit Award, 2008
- New Jersey State Bar Association’s Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award, 2005
- Appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to serve as the District VB Ethics Committee
- Secretary, 2001 – 2011; was subsequently appointed to serve as District VA and VC Ethics
- Committees Secretary, 2007 –2011 which serves Essex County, New Jersey.
- Appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to the Supreme Court Committee of
- Complementary Dispute Resolution, 2014 to present.
- Appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to the Working Group on Ethical Issues Regarding Metadata in Electronic Documents, 2015 to present.
- Appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to the Supreme Court Committee on the Unauthorized Practice of Law, 2016 to present.
- Washington University in St. Louis, J.D., 1989
- City College of New York, B.A., 1986