Raymond G. Heineman
Tel: (732) 491-2104
Fax: (732) 491-2120
- Labor Law
- Employment Law
Mr. Heineman is a Partner of KHPP, where he concentrates his practice in labor and employment law on behalf of Unions and Taft-Hartley Benefit Funds. He regularly appears on behalf of labor unions before the National Labor Relations Board, the PubHe Employment Relations Commission and other state administrative agencies, and before the State and Federal Courts. He also appears regularly before grievance arbitrators in both the private and public sectors, advocating on behalf of both private and public sector Unions in contract interpretation and disciplinary disputes. He has considerable experience in negotiating collective bargaining agreements and Project Labor Agreements on behalf of Unions and handling issues relating to handbilling, picket lines, and other forms of concerted action.
In addition to counseling labor unions regarding labor management issues, Mr. Heineman counsels labor unions regarding internal union matters and compliance with respect to the employees of Unions. Mr. Heineman has represented unions is a diverse array of trades and professions, including the building trades, health care professionals, police and firefighters, transportation workers, university professors, musicians, stage hands, newspaper employees, industrial employees and public sector employees.
Mr. Heineman was a member of the adjunct faculty of the Rutgers University Institute of Labor & Management Relations and taught labor law and collective bargaining courses at the undergraduate and graduate level from 1995-2014. From 1979 to 1989, he served as a Field Examiner with Region 22 of the National Labor Relations Board, where he was involved with the investigation and resolution of unfair labor practice and representational disputes. While employed at the NLRB, he served as President of Local 22 of the National Labor Relations Board Union. He frequently speaks and writes about legal issues affecting labor and management.
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court of Middle and Eastern Pennsylvania
- Lead counsel in grievance arbitration disputes over contract interpretation and disciplinary matters on behalf of public and private sector unions, including court enforcement and appellate practice before the New Jersey Supreme Court and Federal Circuit Courts.
- Lead counsel to County Building Trades Councils in negotiating Project Labor Agreements with public agencies covering major public works projects and with private developers covering major construction projects in New Jersey’s sports, entertainment, energy, retail industries.
- Counsel to State and local unions concerning issues in negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
- Lead counsel to Unions in picketing and handbilling disputes before the National Labor Relations Board and the State Courts, including obtaining and defending injunctions in private sector labor disputes.
- Counsel to police and fire unions in contract negotiations with municipalities, counties and State Agencies, including recourse to interest arbitration and enforcement of interest arbitration awards in State Courts.
- Representation of Unions in hiring hall disputes before the National Labor Relations Board, and State and Federal agencies enforcing civil rights laws.
- Counsel to Union in federal civil rights litigation regarding union’s recourse to. State Department of Labor in filing prevailing wage actions.
- Lead counsel to health care workers union in dispute to obtain unemployment benefits for strikers following a strike at an acute care hospital.
News, Publication & Presentations
- Contributor to How to Take a Case before the NLRB (Bureau of National Affairs).
- Speaker for the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Rutgers University and the American Arbitration Association.
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Labor Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Labor Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Labor Law Section, Member
- AFL-CIO Union Lawyer Alliance Coordinating Committee, Member
- Rutgers School of Law- Newark, J.D., 1989
- Rutgers University, Masters of Science in Industrial Relations, 1980
- Georgetown University, B.S.F.S., 1978